Staying at Castanea Hostel – information
All our rooms are quite small, but all have big beautiful windows and most of them airy high ceiling. Comfy beds with pillow and blanket. Reading lights at each bed.
Check-in and out
Check-in time by agreement. If you have a booking we arrange for your arrival at any time. Please contact us 1-5 days before your arrival by telephone or e-mail and let us know your arrival time!
Check out latest 11:00 at departure day.
Sheet, pillowcases and duvet cover is a must have, bring your own bed-linen or rent from us.
Important – Sleeping bags are not allowed!
You are welcome to prepare your own breakfast in our guest kitchen, have some fresh bread from the bakery a few blocks away.
Or if you prefer, you will find a lot of cozy cafes serving breakfast in the Old Town. Why not try the lovely café downstairs in the Castanea house?
Castanea have a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you need to cancel please give us the courtesy of doing so as soon as possible but no later than this time. If cancellation is made later than 48 hours before arrival date, we will have to charge you for the first night.
Payment is made on arrival, with Swedish Krona or Card payment
We accept most credit cards, including VISA and Master Card, but not American Express and Diners.
- No curfuw – 24/7 entrance when you have the door code.
- Quiet from 23:00 and no use of the common areas
- Smoking is not allowed nor is animals
- Please note that Castanea DO NOT accept reservations from guests with Stockholm address (postal code 100-199)
- No Hostel memberships is needed
- Castanea is open all year
- Free Wifi
- Guest kitchen – Prepare your own meals or simply make a cup of tea in the evening.
- Luggage room – When you arrive early or need to store your luggage after checkout.
- Showers and toilets are in the hallway – Separate showers which you can lock behind you.
- Lockers in the dorms – Bring your own padlock or buy from us.
- Bedlights in all rooms
- Book exchange and games available
- Free Stockholm city maps
- Central heating
- Elevator – please note that inside the hostel there are some small stairs
- Departure cleaning is included. If you rent our bed linen, just take them off the bed and put your trash in the trash bin and do you dishes of course…:-)
Borrow: Iron, hairdryer, alarm clock and books.
Rent: Bed linen, towel and towel.
Buy: Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, ear plugs and toothbrush kit – all in small packages.